- New Features: The Mapper page has been updated to include links to Regulation 33(2) documentation for Natura 2000 European Marine Sites, where available. We are currently working to include links to management schemes as well!
- New reference: Natural England has released its report on "Meeting the MPA Network Principle of Viability ".
- New case study: A study of the management of the Fal and Helford Special Area of Conservation by the MCS.
The UK Marine Protected Areas Centre
The UK Marine Protected Areas Centre is a resource for information and news on Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) in the UK (including the Crown Dependencies of the Channel Isles and Isle of Man). The website draws together resources that will help to build capacity amongst UK MPAs practitioners and facilitates sharing information, good practice and learning. Through this site you can:
- Get the latest MPA news (including events, legislation and new research)
- Read and upload examples of best practice and case studies
- Use the fora to discuss topics and issues with other practitioners
- Search the extensive reference library catalogue relating to MPA research and recent reports
- Find useful presentations and images to download
- Use the interactive map to guide you to site based information on MPAs, including their designations, habitats, species and activities.
- Link to existing websites of individual European Marine Sites, other MPAs and to partner websites.
If you would like to be involved or require further information then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the UK MPA Centre is not funded at present and, as a result, we do not have the resources to actively seek and develop content for the website at present. We will endeavour to update the website with new information where staff time allows and, as ever, continue to accept suggestions for news articles etc. We are actively seeking additional funds and would like to hear from you about funding opportunities.